Friday, May 29, 2009

LAPD will wreck your world

Yesterday I moved into my apartment. And by that I mean I took out the 7+ bags/suitcases/trunk that I had in my backseat and trunk and carried them up into my apartment. Most of them didn't even make it into my room.

Oh yes, we chose rooms. As most of you know, I'm living in a 2-bedroom apartment with 5 people. I'm in the room with 3 girls with the bathroom attached. It's not too bad for me since I've lived in triples the majority of my college career (I would almost count 1st year when I basically lived in Al and Lauren's room.) It feels a lot like living in a dorm again with all of our stuff crammed in the room except that we have a TON of closet space. I wound up hanging most of my clothes (which is a lot) and there is STILL A LOT of space left. Where they skipped out on floor space, they made up for with closets.

So, last night I picked up one of my roommates from LAX. On our way back, we missed our turn and wound up on some random residential street (not in Compton, j.i.c. you were wondering). We pulled up next to an LAPD on a motorcycle and he conveniently rode off into the sunset (or so we thought) before we could ask him for directions. Carminita told us to make a right turn so since I was in the straight lane, I waited for the light to turn green, put on my turn signal, moved into the next lane, checked to make sure no one was coming and then made my right turn. Well, not two seconds later, who shows up behind me? The nice LAPD I mentioned earlier who blew us off. He cnoveniently turned around to pull me over for making an illegal right turn. Although I waited until the light was green, used my turn signal, and made sure that no one was coming. He wasn't having it. So I now have a traffic violation in the state of California after only having been here a handful of days. Nice.

If you can imagine, this put somewhat of a damper on the rest of my evening.

On a brighter note, I also got a new phone yesterday!! Goodbye pay-as-you-go phone. I've included a pic of my slick new mobile. It even has internet access :) haha. I hope you're all doing well. Miss you lots!!

p.s. Happy Birthday Laine!


cool new phone

1 comment:

  1. i got a shout out in both your and lpaytes blogs. i am impressive.

    ReplyDelete