Sunday, June 28, 2009

I'm in L.A. trick...

So, it's been a while...I'd like to say I'll do better, but let's be honest, I've said that one before.

Down to business -- this post won't be as fantastical as previous ones but it's been so long that I feel like I have to write something. Work has been incredibly hectic. I kind of got a promotion at work (I'm still an intern ie. UNPAID) but it comes with more responsibility. I'm kind of a stand-in assistant for one of the producers, meaning I keep his schedule, answer phones, talk to important peeps, etc. It also means longer hours, being more on top of my game, but it's also exciting and will hopefully help me get a job at the end of the summer.

What I'm most excited about, though, is the OSCAR I got to touch last week! Seriously, a real Oscar. Hughes Winborne is the Academy Award winning editor of Crash. He spoke to us last Wednesday about his experiences in the industry and he was so amazing. He's so passionate about his work, it was very inspiring. I could go on and on about his story and how he came about, but you could google it haha. The important thing to note is that I am now more motivated than ever to be in L.A. and I really understand what a priviledge it is to have the opportunity that I have. That's the Oscar there, and believe me, it doesn't do it justice. I didn't want to take a picture with it because I want my first picture with an Oscar to be one that I've won :) High aspirations, I know, but it could happen ;)

As far as going out, we've done that a bit. We've been to a place called Winston's, which was pretty fun and last night we went to Lola's which is a cute little restaurant/bar in West L.A. known for their martini's. On Thursday, we ate dinner at Dolce. They are closing indefinitely and Tuesday will be their last day so we decided to hit it up before they shut their doors. It was pretty good. The atmosphere was what you'd expect of a Hollywood restaurant: dark, with plush seats, a long bar with flames behind the liquor bottles, and a less than polite matre'd. It was cool to be there, but unfortunately, there were no celeb sightings that night. Hopefully soon, I'm still waiting on my Zacquisha encounter.

This weekend is the 4th weekend, and we're planning a beach trip so I'm sure I'll have stories from that. Hope all is well in NC. Miss you all lots and I hope to hear from you soon :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment